January 31, 2012

Pregnancy Update

Well, I've lost track of what week gestation I'm on, but I know that I'm somewhere in the half-way point. To me, that's very exciting! I feel movement every day. The baby is definitely getting bigger and stronger and excitement mounds for me because I know that the day is drawing near when I will get to hold another little baby! Jeramy thinks that I've been the most excited about this pregnancy than the others. I would agree, but I think my excitement is due to the lack of incessant nausea every waking hour and that we will not know the gender until the birth.

I like the uncertainty of not knowing until the birth. Even 30 years ago, couples could not know the gender until then. And it's been that way for the past 6,000 years of Creation history. The excitement of waiting is like Christmas. You know that Christmas is coming. You know that you will get a present. But you don't know what that present will be. We know we're having a baby. But we don't know if we'll have another girl or, finally, a son. Jeramy and I are content with either sex because we know that it's not up to us to decide and God is sovereign. I figure that if we continue to have children for the next 10 years or so, eventually a son will pop out. I just want to be surprised when that happens. I don't need to plan for it because I have green & yellow clothes up to 3 months and I know that Grandmothers will shower us with blue, brown, red and black when they hear the news. No worries, just excitement. :-)



1 comment:

Leah said...

So glad you're feeling well!