March 15, 2009

A Gracious Heart

I have officially jumped on the blogging bandwagon and created my very own soap box.  I pray some are edified and encouraged.  I chose "A Gracious Heart" because that is my desire.  Although I had well-meaning parents who love me very much and disciplined me often, I became a contentious woman.  Since the love of God has been poured out in my heart through His Son, Christ Jesus, who has given me a desire for His holiness, I want to be rid of my contentions and to have a gracious heart.  Temptations to give in to my sinful tendencies can be very powerful, subtle and numerous.  I give in to these temptations to sin more often than I would like, but praise God that I have been set free from sin by being united in the death and resurrection of Christ.  Sanctification is my desire and should be for every born again believer.  1 Corinthians 3:14-18 tells us that believers understand the Old Testament in light of Christ and that it is in the image of His glory that the believer continues to grow into.  It is an ongoing basis and ceases only when we behold His face in Heaven.  Come Lord Jesus and free us from the presence of sin!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay! Welcome! Look forward to all your posts!