May 11, 2009

Creation Ministry

Going to church as I was growing up, I knew basic Bible stories, could locate passages in Scripture, listened to Sunday School lessons and sermons all of which taught that God created the heavens and the earth. All of this instruction I received in about 3-4 hours per week. None of those teachers presented any scientific evidence on which to base the Creation account.

However, going to public school, I heard a very different version. God was taken completely out of the picture and I was taught that all of life began rather spontaneously out of nothing: water, electricity, various debris, etc. and that life started as bacteria which evolved over billions of years into everything we see today by random genetic mutations and natural selection. This atheist Darwinian evolution was being reinforced repeatedly over more than 40 hours per week.

In my young mind, I didn't think anything of it. I knew that for school I had to repeat what was taught on tests to make good grades and I knew that the same applied in church to win favor and pridefully show off what I could recall.

In high school I fell in love with a few things, biology being one of them. Shortly after I became a believer at 17, I began to rationalize a marriage between these two schools of thought: creation and evolution. Perhaps one day was as a thousand years or an age (The Day/Age Theory). Or maybe there was a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 where the dinosaurs lived and died (The Gap Theory). Somehow, I knew that God had created the world and everything in it, but as to the method with which He used, I had no clue and just accepted it by faith, still regurgitating information to make good grades in public school.

I continued with this shallow view of creation (Deistic Evolution), until I met my wonderful husband, Jeramy, who was very much "The Creation Guy". He introduced me to Answers in Genesis and told me about their Creation Museum. Completely intrigued, I willingly watched creation media which explains in scientific detail the presuppositions behind the "billions of years" and radioisotope dating methods. Other videos I've seen explain irreducibly complex systems (like all the individual components for reproduction, for example) which testify to a Creator and present a strong case against evolution and natural selection.

Well, now I'm convinced that Darwinian evolution scientists are the ones really accepting their belief system and presuppositions by faith. They hold onto it so tightly, they deceive themselves. If Biblical authority in Genesis is compromised then the rest of the Bible means nothing. If you can't believe what is written in the first 10 pages, then what grounds would anyone have to accept what comes after that? If God didn't create the universe, physical and spiritual, in 6 days then maybe Christ wasn't born of a virgin, maybe Christ didn't even rise from the dead! As believers our reading and understanding of the truth of Scripture must remain consistent if we're going to live and evangelize the Gospel.

I encourage you to check out the Answers in Genesis website in my link list and find the answers to the questions you have about Creation, the Flood, people groups, etc. See this snippet of Ken Ham, founder of AiG, give a lesson. (Note the video is provided by cynical evolutionists.)

Also, my friend Erin at A Full Heart is conducting a DVD giveaway which includes some of their material provided by Vision Forum. Check out her popular, encouraging blog also. (Vision Forum DVD giveaway) My husband, Jeramy, has a wonderfully, educational blog that engages the issues of our postmodern era at The Jeramy Anderson Evangelistic Association also in my link list on the right sidebar.

No comments: