May 3, 2009

Lily Is Four Months!

Lily is four months old!  It's so crazy how time flies - literally!  It seems like only yesterday I was pregnant with her and on my way to the hospital - FAST!  (But that's a whole other blog post.)  She has begun strengthening her legs, feet and ankles by standing when held.  She makes the most adorable baby noises, cooing, throat gargling, all of which makes my heart melt and my face smile.  :-D  She enjoys tummy time and sucking her fingers while awake and sucking her thumb when she's sleepy.  When I lay her down for her naps and finally to bed at night, she doesn't so much as whine or cry to lull herself to sleep - in goes the thumb and just a few minutes later, she's in Sleepy Town.  

Currently, I'm teaching her to roll over.  She has done so about two times on her own, but I attribute that to the incline of our bed.  :-)  She has great eye-hand coordination and prefers reaching for my hand and fingers during play.  At home and on outings, she is very low maintenance.  She will usually sit quietly, held or not, just sucking her fingers or people-watching.  Sometimes she'll talk to herself or maybe it's the angels.  :-)  When she's tired then she becomes the most vocal, though it's not crying outright - just talking.  

The sin nature is starting to come out more.  Sometimes she will cry impatiently waiting to eat.  If you wait too long to put her down for a nap, her talking becomes more amplified and turns quickly into a cry or holler.  A few times I have caught her crying just for one-on-one attention, which, I don't think I could totally be labeled sin or not.  :-)

She is still breastfeeding exclusively.  She has never taken a bottle in any form.  Just before she eats, she often smacks her lips. :-D  And sometimes, she'll come up from the breast and take a break just to talk to me!  I'm so thankful that breastfeeding is going so well.  I really have no idea when we'll stop; I'll just re-evaluate every three months or so, I guess.  I have no intention of stopping this month.

Lily is pretty soon going to catch up to her sister in regards to weight.  About 3 weeks ago she was just about 12 pounds.  She's probably around 12.5 or 13 by now!  Moriah still hasn't hit the 20 pound mark yet - so I think that Lily will be bigger than she by her first birthday.

Her sleeping through the night, 7 to 8 consecutive hours, has not been as consistent as I would like.  Her illness has really thrown her off and we're still trying to adjust from all of that.  She has the ability to sleep through the night, but her feeding schedule must remain really strict in order for that to happen - every 2 hours during the day.

Moriah is my princess and Lily is my sunshine!  Jeramy and both of these girls have been the biggest blessings to me in the past 2.5 years!



No comments: