June 29, 2009

99 Balloons

This video shows the incredible story of a family and the loss of their son, Eliot, to Trisomy 18, aka Edward's Syndrome. I had never seen or heard of this syndrome or this family before and both impacted me greatly. It caused me to realize how I take life, mine and that of my children, for granted. Each day with Jeramy, Moriah and Lily is a gift, a one time blessing from God to be cherished and enjoyed. I could not imagine what it would be like to lose one of them unexpectedly, to have no confidence that they're going to wake up the next morning.

Every life is precious, born and unborn. How many people murder their healthy unborn, unwanted babies and yet this couple is blessed with an unhealthy child, loved him so much and lost him so quickly!


This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
You are my God, and I will give You thanks;
You are my God, and I will exalt You.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
His love endures forever.
Psalm 118:24, 28-29

For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.
Psalm 132:13-18



No comments: