June 10, 2009

Angel Chicken

My Mom has a great recipe, which we enjoyed for dinner tonight, I thought I would share.

Angel Chicken

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 package dry italian salad dressing mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 ounces cream cheese with chives

Melt the margarine in a saucepan.  Add italian dressing mix, soup, wine and cream cheese, mixing well.  Pour over uncooked chicken and cook in a crock pot 4 to 5 hours or oven bake 60 minutes at 350 degrees.  Serve over pasta.

---------

I already had cooked chicken, light and dark meat together (I had 2 and 1/4 cups shredded) which I mixed with the sauce in the pan and served over angel hair pasta.  It was ready to eat in 30 minutes or less!  I served this meal with a salad.  I think I'll make this for the next fellowship meal at our church.  It's really wonderful.  Enjoy.


No comments: