June 1, 2009

A Brief Update

My mother has settled on her new home in Suwanee and will close that deal on the 16th.  All her furniture and such she plans to arrive on that Friday via PODS.  So, that's exciting.

Jeramy is taking a certification class every day this week to become an official police communications officer - meaning he will no longer be in the training mode.  He's in a class of about 25 other people: one other man and 23 women.  Needless to say, he sits by the man.

While he is gone, I suppose I'll occupy my time like every other day - mothering and home keeping.  My only plans include a walk in the park tomorrow with a friend and the girls doctor's appointment on Thursday.  I have a sewing project for my mother-in-law's birthday this month and a wonderful book I've started reading: Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood edited by John Piper and Wayne Grudem, which has truly been eye-opening for me and liberating in a sense.  It's one of those books I could read without putting it down, but, well, you know . . .  

Friday afternoon I'll drive down to pick up our family leader, provider and protecter, Jeramy.  I admit that I'm a little envious of the time he can spend alone in a hotel room with a pool just outside.  But I would not trade the family responsibilities before God that lie on his shoulders. Urgh, if only the Fall hadn't happened . . . .

Here is a proverb that has reminded me of the state of some individuals and churches within evangelical Christendom:

He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper,
But he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.
Prov. 28:13

There are some church people (in general!) who walk up on Sunday morning smiling and say, "Good morning!  How ya doing?  Good to see ya!"  But their actions and other words totally contradict this excited greeting.  They hide behind a facade, afraid that their weaknesses, failings, shortcomings, etc. will be exposed - as though no one else struggles or fails, or that they will no longer be respected.  Too many people are afraid of being transparent.  It's true, sin revealed gets ugly, but Christ came to conquer sin, death and the grave.  He sees all our ungodly messes and the blood of His cross cleanses us from sin.  He has seen the ugliest of uglies - aka the ooglies, and loves us enough to transform our hearts and conform us into His image.  I think this is a lie from the devil: if we reveal our true selves, then no one will love us or like us anymore.  But this proverb of truth liberates us to be who we really are without masks, without a fake smile or personality.  The person who truly loves me, will love me warts and all.  Now that is true love.  Now this does not void sanctification, it fuels it.


No comments: