June 27, 2009

Homemade Salsa

The cilantro in our garden has been growing very nicely and I was very excited to make some salsa. After viewing and printing off a few recipes, I tried a great one from Great-Salsa.com. This website has so many salsa recipes - it's not funny! They've got to be the salsperts! (salsa experts :-)

Anyway, I followed the Authentic Mexican Tomato Salsa Recipe very closely the first time I made it. We did not char the tomatoes, but used a can of diced tomatoes, no anaheim chili, 3/4 of a fresh lime and a fresh minced garlic clove. It was really, really good and so easy. The flavor and consistency were even better after sitting in the fridge to chill. This is a wonderful recipe! It's the only one I've tried, but it's really great! You can't go wrong with tomato, lime, cilantro and salt.

The second time I goofed and used a can of tomato sauce and Jeramy liked that much better. The next time I make it, we'll probably use a can of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes (for chunkiness).

Enjoy!


No comments: