June 16, 2009

A Busy, Blessed Day

Today is packed full of wonderful fellowship and ministry!

This morning Mom left to walk through her new home and signed the papers for closing the deal early this afternoon! So, Mom was only officially homeless for one day. :-) After receiving her items this weekend and unpacking to the point of her satisfaction, she will fly back to VA and drive back down with the dogs, Rocky (chocolate lab) and Daisy (border collie mix).

This morning Jeramy, Moriah, Lily and I went to McDaniel Farm Park for a walk. I enjoyed the fellowship of two young believing ladies and Jeramy took Moriah for an "off roading" adventure.

After our wonderful, hot walk, we visited our church family friends for lunch and Jeramy gave them some green thumb pointers.

Currently, we are back home enjoying the air conditioning while the Jeramy and the girls take naps. Later we will go visit Mom's new house before going to the ESL ministry and afterwards . . . some romantic time for Jeramy and I alone gazing at the stars!

Anyway, I just consider how wonderful it is to fellowship and enjoy time with our Christian brothers and sisters. I'm very grateful and thankful for the ability to spend time with these inspiring young women. As I become more acquainted with them, it encourages me in seeing their examples of how to show grace and gratitude. These are women of virtue who are chaste, content, gracious, hard-working, loving, gentle, thankful and faithful. What they do is not glamorous, but there is glory in it. I'm very glad to associate with women of this extraordinary character because it encourages me in my walk with Christ. So often discouragement can set in while struggling with the presence of sin, carrying around this body of death. Although Christ has come to set us free from the power of sin, struggling is still something we do daily as we desire to depart from its presence and influence. But as I watch these women in their lives, I am encouraged that sanctification STILL continues and I will not always struggle like I struggle now, but there is hope that each day I am becoming more and more like Christ. 

Still . . . .

Come Lord Jesus, come!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! You've piqued my interest in whom you were visiting with! It is nice to glean from others. :0)

Glad your mom is getting things moved and in order.

Meggan said...

I was blessed with the fellowship of Romy, Liliana and the fabulous Frick females!