August 20, 2009

Today's Celebration


While Moriah was playing today she stopped, stood still and began to push. But after the first push she stopped, looked at me and said, "pee pee pah," (potty). So I acted quickly, grabbed Lily, took down the baby gate and we all headed upstairs. I had no idea if she had finished going in her diaper or if she was telling me that she needed to use the potty. When I took her diaper off it was still clean and dry! :-) She sat on the potty and peed. When she stood up she began pushing again and I told her to sit down, which she protested, but obeyed. After a few minutes . . . Yay!

I took a picture, but I thought to spare you viewers who would prefer not to see it. We ran around her bedroom laughing, tickling, clapping and jumping up and down. Hopefully the celebration will tell her how much this is a GREAT thing! :-)


Last month Lily had two teeth on the bottom beginning to come out. Although you could feel the sharp edge on her gums, they were not protruding enough to appear in a picture, but now you can see them. :-)




3 comments:

Erin said...

Yay!! How exciting!! I refrained from looking at the picture ;-)

The Roses said...

Good for you, Moriah! Keep it up.

The Shadburn Family said...

YAY MORIAH!! I bet she was loving all the praise you showered her with.