August 4, 2009

Waiting On The Lord

Our soul waits for the LORD;
He is our help and our shield.
For our heart rejoices in Him,
Because we trust in His holy name.
Psalm 33:20-21

Jeramy and I are a little anxious to hear back from the bank concerning our offer on the second house. We really don't want to continue looking at homes and visualizing what could and could not be our first home together. Our realtor told us that it could take the bank up to a month to get back to us before we can even begin to haggle over the price of the home. This leaves us a bit frustrated because we are on a timeline to get out of our apartment the last day of our lease, September 30. Now, we are not so sure whether we should notify our rental property of our situation and continue renting on a month-to-month basis or just continue on the course which we have set, trusting that maybe God will work things out and that our timing might be His timing. I don't know.

As I read through the Psalms, attempting to grasp more of the heart of God that completely and totally trusts in Him and Him alone, the Spirit reminds me that such a heart waits for the Lord. The psalmist is completely content in whatever the Lord wills in His sovereign plan and design. It reminds me not to be anxious.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God and the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

The hard part about waiting, the real foothold of anxiety, is that we're not in control of this situation. But, we can run to the One who is. He has blessed us to be in this financial position and made this opportunity possible for us. So many things had to happen in order for this time to be upon us, all of which were ordained in God's plan! Will I trust Him now with the unknown? He has never given me reason to doubt that He doesn't have my best interest in mind: that I would walk in the righteousness of Christ, regardless of whatever material blessings He may give or take away.

"Naked I came from my mother's womb and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised!"
Job 1:21


No comments: