February 5, 2010

A Parenthetical Post

This past week I posted an article I read off of www.foxnews.com whereby an elementary school fight club was exposed. I gave this as another real reason why I wouldn't be putting my children in the public school system.

I also wrote some highly opinionated choice words about educators, assumed to work within this system, and how they continue to perpetuate this godless, immoral society. I haven't gotten any negative feedback from posting such comments, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt it necessary to follow up with the statement that I was speaking in generalities and not specifics.

When Jeramy and I were in public school there were very influential teachers who affected us - teachers with whom we still remain in regular contact. We have friends now, even in our church, who formerly or currently teach in the public school system. Does that make them any less of a believer? No, of course not. I have often wondered and even inquired into the ethical issues associated with such employment. The public school teachers with whom I've spoken have not indicated any such conviction or realization that an ethical issue existed. (So not only are the students unaware of the secular humanism in which government-instituted, government-sanctioned, government-approved curricula is being spoon-fed daily, year after year for 12-13 years, but the teachers aren't either.)

As I look back, the subjects in which most of the humanist thought was so obvious was in English Literature, History, Science, Physical Education and maybe Art classes. In all of my musical training, there could have been quite a bit of humanist thought to creep in but we never talked about the lives of the composers or the historical/philosophical times in which they lived. We only ever practiced orchestral pieces, learned to listen across the ensemble, follow the conductor, and basic instrumental/musical techniques.

Jeramy and I didn't really care much for our experience in the public school system. Since having graduated, we've never been in the same room with people our exact same age again. The only parts I really enjoyed were the orchestral experiences and managing the equipment for the football team. I think Jeramy only really enjoyed his time in the ROTC program. There was so much time wasted during the day, so much busy-work that amounted to nothing, unnecessary social pressures, danger, drugs, sex, gossip, fruitless and time-consuming homework, verbal and physical abuse from other students, etc.

Educators are people too. They need jobs, homes, food, etc. If it hadn't been for every one of my teachers teaching me something, I would not be the same as I am today. The one important distinction I want to make is that these educators, real men and women, do not make up the "system". They work in and for the system. It is the system of public education that fails to train every generation of children and young adults for real adult responsibilities. I learned nothing of basic economics, money management, none of the life skills that I need now, and especially nothing of feminine womanhood or any true Christian values. The public school system fueled the feminist agenda to obtain a higher education, the same pay-grade as men and in all other respects, to be found equal with men.

Public school teachers are real individuals with families and dreams and values all their own. But all public school teachers are teaching the same thing: secular humanism, feminism, and a wide host of other things to which Jeramy and I are personally against. I respect those individuals who go in, day in and day out with children and teenagers who constantly disrupt, use vulgar language, commit acts of indecency, bite, kick, gnaw, punch and otherwise abuse and disrespect these educators in their own classrooms who are providing a service to ungrateful hoards year after year.

The problem is that in this system, the disciplinary (read: sin) problems will only continue to get worse and worse because the fear of God is not allowed to be taught. His name cannot even be mentioned. I hate the system, but I do have some admiration for those who attempt to work within it and change young lives for the better - i.e. for Christ. But the system pushes out any semblance of Christ at all - that's the real problem.



No comments: