September 29, 2010

Girls' Update

Shiphrah slept 5 hours last night!!! (Hallelujah Chorus playing in the background.) She is 6 weeks old. I fed her at 11 p.m. and put her down immediately afterwards at 11:30. I heard her moving around about 2:30 a.m. but she was still sleeping. I woke up at 4 a.m. and pumped, then she woke at 4:30 and I fed her then. I woke her up again at 8:45 a.m. and she was still sleeping soundly! Yay!

When we came home from the hospital her days and nights were backwards and she would be up 1 out of every 2 hours during the night for several days. After this phase, I would feed her and attempt to put her down to go back to sleep, but instead she would scream for 2 hours until I fed her again. That lasted about 2 to 3 weeks or so. Jeramy and I worked it out where I would be up breastfeeding and I would put her back down. If she began to scream for more than 5 or 10 minutes, he would get up and rock her back to sleep so I could get some rest. Gradually this phase was eliminated and she would go right back to sleep after her feedings in the middle of the night.

Lily has begun having tantrums and refusing some of her food. She has always been a great eater, so this is a shift from the norm. She has also become very dramatic with her discipline and when she and Moriah fight over toys and other things. Her speech is coming along great and I noticed that she is learning to count! And G'Wanda painted her toe nails last week.

Moriah is teaching Lily to count and loves to dote on her baby sister. She must be going through a growth spurt because now she eats most everything set before her. She continues to have a great interest in learning and always wants to help and do big people things.




1 comment:

Lisa said...

What sweet, sweet girls! Glad things have smoothed out with Shiphrah. God is so good!

Lisa Q