November 8, 2009

Update: Unpacking & Transitions

Unpacking and cleaning are steady going with the most significant progress whenever the girls are asleep. :-) There may be some help coming this week and it should all be done by next week. Jeramy and I are thoroughly enjoying our new fridge! There's a deep sense of satisfaction when we can just walk up, punch our glass and . . . ahh, fresh, cold, filtered water! It is with joy that I'm giving away our extra Brita filters!

Yesterday I went out and bought Moriah a new mattress. Last night she and Lily slept in the same room! Everything went beautifully at first. I got Moriah her snack, brushed her teeth and laid her down. Then I made Lily's bottle, brushed her teeth and laid her in the crib. When I put Lily down Moriah didn't even make a peep! It was great!

I knew their first night together would be an adventure. About 2:30 a.m. Lily awoke a little but quickly went back to sleep. Again at 4:40 a.m. she awoke again with significantly more noise. I then took her back to Jeramy's and my bedroom where she slept again until 6:40 a.m. when she received a bottle. I attempted to lay her back down in the crib but Moriah awoke and began to play until Jeramy went to get her for breakfast about 7:15 a.m. When Jeramy walked in to get Moriah she sat up on the bed (normally she jumps up smiling) and said, "Baby . . . waah". It made Jeramy laugh. :-)


No comments: