January 12, 2010

Toilet Training: Day 1

Well, today went a lot better than I thought it would. I'm so grateful! Thank you to those of you who prayed and thought about us.

When Moriah woke up, she was wearing a pull-up from the night before and it was wet. I put her on the potty first thing, but she didn't go. I took the pull-up off and put on the real, big-girl panties. I sang a song, danced a dance, clapped my hands and did this most of the day. She remained dry until her bath when she peed in the toilet just before the bath.

During the bath, she requested to sit on the potty and she did indeed pee then too. :-) Clean panties were reapplied and then when play time started, she had her first accident on the wood floor. (Praise God it was on the wood floor!!) Jeramy cleaned it up and I took her to the potty, cleaned her up and we ran back and forth from the accident spot to the potty about 6 times in a row.

She did well the remainder of the morning and even through her 2 hour afternoon nap she didn't have any accidents. Jeramy reports that when she awoke from her nap, she came out, searched for Jeramy, appeared confused and then had her second accident on the carpet, then looked really embarrassed. (Praise God it wasn't on the furniture or in the bed!! I was out at a doctor's appointment at this time.) She remained dry the rest of the evening and was rewarded with stickers every time she used the potty. She loves the stickers and wears them on her shirt. :-)

Jeramy and I communicated clearly today and without a hitch. We worked as a team and avoided any conflict. I'm so thankful that today went so well. Praise God! We do it again tomorrow. No more diapers for Moriah.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for small victories! Praying for you guys.