January 11, 2010

Toilet Training in Full Force

Please pray for us, Jeramy, Moriah and me. This is the first time I've ever encountered this and I definitely covet some wisdom and patience. With new milestones always come new temptations: please pray for open and clear communication between Jeramy and myself and we wouldn't make it any more difficult than it might be. He will tend to be more patient than I would, I suppose, but I'm sure Satan will look for the opportunity to create a discord between us.

Tomorrow Moriah will be wearing real underwear with the opportunity to get messy. I pray that once she has her first accident she will really see how unpleasant it is to be dirty. She's been wearing pull-ups for the past several days (having shown many signs of readiness), but tomorrow is the big day! My main goals are to keep her off of the furniture and keep her drinking all day.

Any encouragement, advice, story experiences are welcome! I've gotten some experience training from wonderful friends, but there's always room for more. Thanks. It might be silly to pray for such a thing, but I'm already anxious about it so, I take it to the Lord in prayer.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7


2 comments:

L. Siyam said...

Hi, How did it go?
I just wanted to tell you that there is nothing silly about praying about staff like this. So, I will be praying too. I have always believed that the one who needs to be more ready when potty training is the parent so, if you are ready, you are ready!

The Shadburn Family said...

I had Andrew clean up his own "messes." It didn't matter how good of a job he did, just that HE did it so deter him from not using the toilet. I used the potty-training-in-a-day method and we never looked back to diaper, not even at night.

Have fun!!!