July 3, 2009

Moriah & Lily




Moriah turned 19 months on the 26th and Lily turns 6 months tomorrow.

Moriah continues to develop her language and pronunciation very well. She tries to sing the alphabet song. She enjoys sitting at the piano and banging on the keys. She continues to study flash cards with Daddy and her vocabulary is increasing. And she's just started teething again. There are two new teeth coming in the top spaces between her incisors and molars, one on each side.

Adventures in pre-potty training continue. The other day, as I was changing her diaper and searching for another to clothe her bottom and she came into the bathroom, lifted the lid to the potty and I told her to sit on the potty and she did indeed pee! It was exciting to see her initiate the use of the potty. And yesterday, as she was playing and grunting to defecate, Jeramy scooped her up and had her sit on the potty. She had this little tiny ball at the bottom! So that's exciting. One thought I had was just to let her run around the house naked and learn to use the potty. :-) She doesn't hold it for at least two hours yet, but she is beginning to know the sensation of her bladder.



Lily has thoroughly enjoyed a jumping toy, Fisher-Price Jumperoo. Sometimes she just goes crazy-ready to bounce off again before her feet hit the floor! She loves to play on her tummy. One week ago she rolled from her back to her belly with zero assistance! She hasn't done it since, but I'm still teaching her the art of rolling over.

Lily is still breast feeding. I can't believe that it's been six months and we're still breast feeding. It feels like a long time when I consider how old she is, but it seems like such a short time because it's been much easier this go around. Hopefully we can go to 9 months breast feeding so that I'll have one year under my belt (for preventative measures). She has started eating rice cereal for breakfast after her breast milk and drinking water from a bottle. I have attempted to give her peas at lunch time, but I don't think she likes the taste. I hate peas too, so I can respect that! :-)

I don't have a lot of current pictures yet. I'm waiting on new batteries, but I promise I will have them up soon.


No comments: