July 16, 2009

Wow!

That's all I could say after watching, hearing this snippet message of why a sinner should repent. I think the preacher is Kevin Macleod.





God deserves our worship even if we don't get heaven in the end. He demands our obedience. God will get no glory out of a life lived in human wisdom, human strength, human effort and He will receive no glory out of a humanist philosophy: one that lives for Him just to get good things from Him. Why am I a Christian? What is my motive for reading God's Word, memorizing Scripture, claiming allegiance to Christ, prayer, rejecting evangelical feminism, worldly philosophies and all the like? Why does anyone repent? Salvation is by grace through faith, both of which have been given as a free gift in and through Christ. As a gift, it is our own; He will not take it back from us. What thoughts dominated my mind when God granted me the grace of godly sorrow that led me to repent and surrender to the Lordship of Christ? I remember thinking that Christ had given His all for me and I hadn't given myself totally to Him and He deserved all of me.

1 comment:

Coverse to the Oscars said...

Hey! Will you please follow my blog at www.conversetotheoscars.com ? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks =]