July 25, 2009

Today's Milestones

This morning Moriah went poo poo in the potty! Jeramy swooped her up just as she was beginning to go and sat her down on the potty. After about 5 minutes she had completed number 1 and #2! Yay Moriah!

When I switched to cloth diapers, I ordered 5 dozen prefolds, 10 all in ones and 10 diaper covers. In hindsight I should have ordered more diaper covers because if I use them conservatively, then I don't have to do diaper laundry as often. Anyway, this evening for about 45 minutes before the girls' bath, I ran out of clean diaper covers and all in ones and we only have one disposable left, so . . . I let Moriah run around naked. :-) When she had to pee, I saw her stop and stand with a serious look on her face. She was probably thinking, "I'm not wearing a diaper and I have to go right NOW. Can I go right here on the carpet?" Immediately I told her to go sit and pee pee on the potty and she did. Maybe this naked idea really can hold some water. :-)

Two nights this past week, Lily had been very restless during the night, waking up several times extremely distraught. Well, the second night Jeramy figured out that she was teething and this morning I felt a little spike in her mouth on her bottom gum! She's cutting her first tooth! And the second one, right next to it is probably going to come out in a few days also.

Tomorrow Moriah will be 20 months! She's almost two years old. I can't believe it. And Lily will be 7 months on the 4th. This afternoon as I watched Moriah play with my keys, making cute little toddler nonsense noises, I got a shot of a sobering reality that she's growing up. When she was an infant I didn't foresee this day. Neither will she be a toddler forever. (Oftentimes it feels like she always will be.) In the years to come I'm not going to hear her make these cute noises anymore. Nor will Lily be as small a bundle of joy that she is now. Already her feet are hanging off the end of her car seat carrier. After she starts walking her adorable, kissable cheeks will lose their fatness. Maybe I shouldn't wish them to grow up so quickly. These days will be gone sooner than I think.


1 comment:

Apologist & Theologian said...

I have enjoyed fatherhood from Day and hold my girls tight everyday.