May 6, 2010

Update: Baby #3

Now it's 25 weeks and counting. There is a lot of movement from the baby - usually most of it is while I'm awake, which is good. Sometimes women have a lot of baby movement when they're lying down, trying to go to sleep, but she seems to be on the same schedule as I for now. :-) Bending down is difficult and awkward especially at the end of the day. I've not had too much lingering pain and I'm very thankful. Pelvic tucks and glute stretches work really great for the tail bone.

There is still the occasional bouts of nausea, but I can more easily tolerate garlic and onion in small amounts now than before. It's been a little while since I last vomited, but it seems to be occurring now about once every 2 to 3 weeks or so. Carbonated beverages help settle my stomach but they have a lot of sugar (or unhealthy sugar substitute) so I try not to indulge too much.

Exercise is going well. I continued to run last week, but I strained my groin muscle which prevented me from doing a whole lot this week. Monday when I tried to run, I had a little discomfort/pain in the bottom of my belly after 3 minutes (5.5 mph) so I stopped and just walked. Based on that last experience, I think my running days are coming to an end. But I'm so very pleased that there has been nothing to hinder me from running up to this point! Yay!! I definitely don't consider stopping now a failure! I still plan on getting regular cardio exercise 5-6 days a week, strengthening and stretching. So, I'll keep you posted.

So far I've gained about 13 pounds. I'm getting a little discouraged that I won't be able to keep my pregnancy weight at 20-25 pounds, but all I can do is remain disciplined with exercise and diet and that's all God expects of me. So, I try not to let it bother me too much. Plus I remain hopeful that I'll lose it all afterwards. :-D

See new pictures of the girls in the right sidebar from April.


No comments: