July 23, 2010

Pregnancy Update & First Read Word

Here's Moriah with her usual early morning quiet time. Please excuse her bed head.


Moriah has read her first word! When she turned one year old, Jeramy and I were impressed with her vocabulary and her very eager desire to learn so, Jeramy bought her several sets of flash cards. Now she knows all of her alphabet, upper and lower case, counting up to 20, lots of picture words, animals, etc.

There are a set of books that Grandma Jane gave the girls while we were in Statesboro where the objects have the words drawn into them. (It's like the word comes to life.) So the duck is drawn up of the word "duck", you can see the letters in his body. Anyway, the book where Dog has a birthday party there are his friends giving him gifts. Moriah would point out the letters, G-I-F-T, and I would ask her what it spelled. Then I would tell her, "G-I-F-T spells gift." Then as there were 4 or 5 other gifts on the same page, she would do the same thing. She would point to each letter and repeat, "G-I-F-T. Gift." She did this more than ten times throughout the book. She did it on her own initiative! When she was finished, I took her back to that original page and asked her what it said and she said, "gift." Yay! That was really cool.

On Tuesday afternoon, I went to the OB for a check up. This time they did the Group B Strep swab and a pelvic exam. I showed the DR how much I had swollen up over the weekend. On Friday I noticed that I couldn't see my ankle bones at all. I didn't swell with the girls, so this is a first. It's a little tender to the touch, but other than that, it is not bothersome. I call them my fankles. (Feet + Ankles) :-)

The pelvic exam showed nothing, which is very good. The head is down but I'm not dilated or effaced and my cervix is still in the normal position.

Next time I'll try and take a more attractive belly picture. :-)


No comments: