July 24, 2010

Saturday Strings: My Old Teacher

Here's a video of Marcus Ratzenboeck, my most recent teacher with whom I studied in Louisville while attending Southern Seminary, although he himself was not affiliated with the Seminary (!!!). During my study with him he held the principle second position in the Louisville Orchestra. When a more secure, profitable opportunity came along, he took a job with a secular alternative rock band. This video is a demonstration of some of the improvisational skills on electric violin that are necessary for his new gig. Even when performing serious classical works, his facial expression never really changed. He makes it look so easy.



Disclaimer: I do not advocate the secular music his band performs. This video was included as a demonstration of my former teacher's skills and instrument only.

No comments: