April 11, 2009

Off to the ER

After 48 hours, Lily's cough was still scary.  So I called the office, as instructed, to schedule a recheck.  However, upon speaking with the nurse on call, she directed me to take Lily to the Emergency Room.  Off we go, wildly driving to the ER at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston.  Once the nurses and doctors check her, they tell me to continue caring for her as I have and there is nothing more that could be done unless her condition worsens.  She does, in fact, have bronchiolitis, which in older children simply acts as a cold (which is what Moriah now has).  Her sickness, I'm told, will just have to improve with the passing of time - her body will have to fight it.  I'm thankful that breastfeeding has gone well so that her immune system might combat it more effectively, compounded with the prayers of the saints, by the grace of God. 

After our brief visit, I calmly and carefully drive back home, somewhat relieved, but not totally.  I feel so out of control.  I can't do anything more than what I've done to make her better.  There's so much stress on my shoulders it is overwhelming.  Jeramy feels a little overcome also.  Read his blog post for today.  I have no idea how parents with more children handle it when all their kids are sick.  Please continue praying for us - for the healing of little bodies; wisdom to care for them; the trust, faith, and encouragement in the sovereignty of Christ and the strength of His arm.

No comments: