April 20, 2009

Two Things, Real Quick

First, Jeramy has been working at his new job for a full two weeks now and he enjoys it.  He says it reminds him of being in the military, there's a similar mindset with the people he works with.  He's been able to have several conversations about spiritual things with his co-workers and he's busy memorizing signals, 10-codes and other codes for the job - there's 200 total.  He also says that there is a measure of peace involved because he knows that he's got a two-year commitment after the probationary period.  So, that relieves a bit of stress.  :-)

Second, my Mom has had a contract on her house for about 2 weeks and she'll be moving down to GA in June.  On Easter Sunday she told the family of how God had answered her prayers for a relatively quick, easy sale and He listened.  Of course there is excitement and added stress.  But one Scripture passage in particular comes to my mind when I think of the close vicinity in which my mother and I will live:

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.  And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.  
James 1:2-4

Pray for me, please.

No comments: