October 19, 2009

Multitude Monday

holy experience


I've decided to join the many others (including my friend Erin) within the gratitude community at Holy Experience and begin counting my blessings also. When I first became a believer just one month before entering college I used to keep a journal and daily write down my thanksgivings to God. I confess that it's been a long time since I've done that. It would be a great habit of praise to our Great God and King and would root out ungrateful bitterness with which I battle all too often.

Oh give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples.
1 Chronicles 16:8

  1. The gift of salvation in Christ Jesus.
  2. That for no other reason than for God to reveal the love and kind intention of His will, predestined me to be saved by His grace alone.
  3. The command to rejoice in the Lord always, not some vain idol that yields a negative return.
  4. Reconciliation between a holy and righteous God and myself, a sinner.
  5. The white garment of Christ's righteousness that, of my own works, I don't deserve.
  6. The breath in my lungs.
  7. The ability to see God's wondrous work of Creation, though marred by sin.
  8. The Word of God where He reveals Himself to me.
  9. Forgiveness of ALL my multitude of sins, public and private.
  10. The ability to sing.
  11. The sun shining on a cold autumn day.
  12. Quiet time.
  13. A hunger satisfied.
  14. Warm clothing.
  15. Protective shelter.
  16. All the ways God protected me from harmful things when as yet I was still in rebellion against Him.
  17. Spiritual eyes to see the Truth of God's Word.
  18. The conviction of His Holy Spirit to walk in the Way.
  19. The grace and strength for all my daily happenings.
  20. The blessing of depending on God's grace and not my own strength.

What are you thankful for today?


No comments: