October 14, 2009

T Minus 2 Weeks & a Microwave

Two weeks from today, Lord willing, we will be moving into our new home! Excitement is building! This week we continue to get rid of unused and unwanted items from the past year. In preparation for the girls rooming in together, I'm focusing on getting them in bed at the same time. Next week we will begin packing boxes and it's all downhill from there! Yay!

I've never bought a microwave. I took my parents' old microwave when I moved out of their house and since then most all of them died on me just in time for moving. :-) When I moved from Louisville back home to northern VA, my parents' old '80's microwave died just a few weeks beforehand. When I moved back to Louisville after getting married, Jeramy already had one in his L'ville apartment. When we moved to Statesboro, our microwave died about one month before leaving, too. We were going to rent Jeramy's grandmother's house and there was one already there. When we left Statesboro to come to Norcross, we thought we were going to take that one with us, but it didn't work out. A little old one was given to us by Jeramy's parents. Now that little microwave is dying on us, although it is hanging on as much as it can. It could go at any time. The house we're moving in to has a built-in microwave that doubles as the stove vent. Sweet! Isn't that a funny coincidence?!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

We got a microwave that doubles as a vent hood for our house. It is great. I love it up out of the way.

I pray the move goes smoothly.

Lisa Q