October 26, 2009

Multitude Monday

holy experience

As I sit here ready to think about more of the ways God has blessed me, a song comes to mind,

"Count your blessings, name them one by one . . . "

I also begin to think of how I wish there were a more theologically rich, Christ-centered text encouraging us to be mindful of the multitude of blessings God has given us. And then I remember that the Getty/Townend combo wrote this one:


My heart is filled with thankfulness
to Him who bore my pain;
Who plumbed the depths of my disgrace
and gave me life again.
Who crushed my curse of sinfulness
and clothed me in His light.
And wrote His law of righteousness
with pow'r upon my heart.

My heart is filled with thankfulness
to Him who walks beside;
Who floods my weaknesses with strength
and causes fears to fly.
Whose ev'ry promise is enough
for ev'ry step I take.
Sustaining me with arms of love
and crowning me with grace.

My heart is filled with thankfulness
to Him who reigns above;
Who's wisdom is my perfect peace
Who's ev'ry thought is love.
For ev'ry day I have on earth
is given by the King.
So I will give my life, my all,
to love and follow Him.


I'm thankful for:
21. The Christ-exalting fellowship of other believers.
22. The joy of seeing a hardened heart suddenly, unexpectedly show an interest in spiritual things.
23. The joy of seeing a lost loved one repent and believe the Gospel.
24. The encouragement of other contented women.
25. Warm showers.
26. That God, who moves the hearts of kings like channels of water, changes and directs my will toward further Christ-likeness.
27. "My sin, oh the joy of this glorious thought, my sin not in part but the whole is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more!"
28. The sure resurrection of Christ and His followers from the dead.
29. The generosity of other believers.
30. The joy of serving other brothers and sisters in Christ who are in need.
31. Loved ones who never complain.
32. The ability to run.
33. The strength in my arms.
34. The Word committed to memory.
35. Convicting words from my husband.
36. Tender hugs and kisses from my girls.
37. Five tiny fingers that crawl to land on my toes.
38. Love bites.
39. The financial savings of switching to cloth diapers.
40. The harmony in tutti play.
41. The excitement of owning my first home.
42. Packing.
43. Cleaning.
44. Buying cleaning supplies.
45. Reserving a U-haul.
46. Forwarding our mail.
47. Mature trees in a lovely yard.
48. A two-car garage.
49. A basement for our library.
50. A room for sewing.

What are you thankful for today?


1 comment:

L. Siyam said...

Very nice words. I hope things go well tomorrow. I'm happy for you guys! Can't wait to see your new place :o)