October 11, 2009

My Cheeks Hurt!

I just got back from seeing Tim Hawkins at Smoke Rise Baptist Church and man are my cheeks tired! :D (That's grinning from ear to ear people!)

He was great! Jennifer and I had so much fun! We got there just after 7 p.m. and you could tell it was a Baptist church because there were awesome pew seats right in front! (So I guess no preacher should be offended, huh?!) We could see all of his facial expressions and everything! He even came and sat on a lady's lap adjacent to me! A brush with fame! (Not really, he's just another 40 year old man, right!) There was a lot of comedy he performed that is not included in YouTube videos that is really, really funny! He did some songs that are familiar like Chic-fil-A, Things You Don't Say to Your Wife, Delilah, the Aging Rockers bit, and he started the show with The Government Can! He really is very funny live. He graciously autographed my ticket.

There is a song he did, Potty Training, off of Prince's Purple Rain that was very appropriate for Moriah, Jeramy and me! Cracked up!

He did tell us that his wife, who has battled breast cancer, has been cancer-free for a year now! That's awesome too! And he performed a couple of original songs that are more like a testimonial. They were great. :-)

And he did give us an insider tip on the Homeschool Family video: he, his wife and their four kids are in the video. I thought that it was some other family, but it's his own with other borrowed children added and his wife is wearing a fake baby bump!

I'm still laughing about some of the jokes. No matter what kind of stress or bad mood I'm in, comedy always turns it right around. Whenever he comes this way again I will definitely see him if I can.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the show! It's always nice to have an evening out with friends.
Thanks for all your comments on my blog! Wasn't sure if I was supposed to comment back on my own blog... :)

Meggan said...

Hey Hannah,
You are free to comment wherever you like. :-) I really like getting comments.